Saturday, May 15, 2010

a fortnight ago...

....was prom, and Crusby and I went on our date to Thanksgiving Point and went to the petting zoo and made blown glass flowers (hooray run-ons). It was probably the best day date that I have been on. Just us two. It was super funny.



Apparently, turkeys make really, really weird noises when they get all territorial. It is like this shuddering sound like they're imploding. So odd.



Chris put corn on the railing and the turkey would lash out and grab it. So funny.



Chickun.





What is up with the rectangle pupils??? Really guys? Really?



I want this.



Baaaaby horse! What a cute little thing.



My favorite. I want one of these, too. I'd try reeeal hard not to squeeze it to death.

And then we made the blown glass flowers.



Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm ready!



Flattening it....



Pulling the ends out......



Voila!

Anyways, the point of this post is that we had to wait for the glass to cool for 24 hours, and we only just picked it up two days ago.



Isn't it soooooo fabulous?? I made it super gnarly on purpose.



I love it. What a cool idea. Thanks, Crusby! :)

No comments: